Get to know me!
I grew up in the north east, following high school I enlisted in the Air Force.
I was stationed in Europe for 13 years with multiple deployments world wide.
I earned an Honorable Discharge and was able to apply my Military and Information technology training to become an extremely strong leader and mentor.
When I'm not at work, I really love to spend time with my wife Jana and our dogs. When the weather is nice, We take our dogs for frequent swims for exercise and better health. I enjoy flying my Drone and take pictures of the great local scenery.
Technology of all kinds and helping others with my tech skills whenever possible
William "Bill" Palmer
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LEADER
I am a Versatile senior management professional, with a wealth of hands-on experience leveraging exceptional technical and life-cycle IT direction expertise to propel corporate performance and profitability. I am Skilled in tracking meticulous detail in challenging tasks despite demands of fast-paced and deadline-driven work environments. I am an Agile critical thinker and strategic planner with significant strengths in managing multiple complex projects. I Routinely exceeds expectations through creative problem-solving and superb time management abilities. I display exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with stakeholders at all levels. I am an Accomplished leader and mentor in building and motivating productive cross-functional technical teams to meet and surpass goals.
Enterprise IT Management ·DevOps ·Cloud Architecture ·Network Architecture ·Wide Area Networks ·Life Cycle Management ·Network Security Management ·Policy / Standards Development ·Strategic Analysis and Planning ·Process Improvement ·Troubleshooting and Diagnostics ·Technical Research ·Technical Documentation ·Training Budgets and Cost Control ·Technical Team Building, Leadership, Mentoring, Change / Release Management ·Risk Management ·Collaborative Teamwork ·Communications·Vendor / Customer Relations and Contract Management ·Servant Leader · Agile delivery ·IT Governance
Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure Web Services, Jira, ServiceNow, IT Service Manager, Asset, TFS, Management, Exchange, Security, Citrix, VMware, VDI, MCSA, MCSE, MCNPS, DNS, A+, NETWORK+, Active Directory, Microsoft Server Systems, VMWare vSphere, ITIL, VersionOne, SCRUM, Firewalls, Tomcat, Workday, CICD, SDLC, HIPAA, CMDB Management, Customer Relationship Management, SaaS, PaaS
Capital One DevOps Software Engineering Manager Enterprise Compliance, Risk Management, and Team Recruiter - 2016-2018
Directed DevOps team and provided Quality Assurance, including identification and remediation of key issues, positively influencing the product experience. Provided oversight for project plans and managed technology issues. Designed, developed, and managed process initiatives in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements.
· Evaluated team and tools against internal and external requirements. Ensured proactive monitoring of applications and services, identified gaps and initiated actions to completion.
· Guided teams of engineers on proper compliance and risk management requirements and remediation and prevented security issues in development and production environments.
· Collaborated with teams in the evaluation, development, implementation, communication, operations monitoring and maintenance of policies and procedures to promote secure and innovative environment.
· Partnered across technology to develop and execute strategy to enable modern risk and compliance capabilities.
· Communicated wins and best practices to the organization and executive management. Worked proactively across the organization to resolve critical process issues in a timely manner.
Capital One Master Platform Engineer - 2014-2016
Led team of engineers on HP uCMDB, HP DDMI, and HP Asset Manager Platforms. Owned project and service delivery and performed complex engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring.
· Identified emerging vulnerabilities, risks and threats during design iterations; provided countermeasures.
· Established and directed departments’ professional talent development strategy.
· Championed new framework for delivery and management of work, influenced adoption across organization, and led implementation of reimagined approach, ensuring support of the business vision.
· Created transparency to customer and internal pain points that impeded customer experience while delivering work in a well-managed, more cost-effective way for lines of business.
Capital One Manager uCMDB Discovery, DDMI and Asset Platforms - 2013-2014
Sustained strategy and operational execution of high priority projects in support of enterprise discovery and asset management platforms. Developed environmental and tactical process to identify and remove obstacles and ensure cooperation between teams and members.
· Developed and distributed executive-level project status updates and related white papers. Verified project updates were properly documented and socialized.
· Aligned across technology to avoid continuity disruptions of critical management processes.
· Provided oversight for budgeting and project plans to manage technology risk issues.
Palmer Consulting Services Owner and Systems Architect - 1998-2013
Designed and implemented SMB to Enterprise network application architecture, server build, integration, and upgrade using Microsoft operating systems, custom built servers and architecture support; VMWare, Hyper-V infrastructure, ITIL, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley compliant architecture and operations.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Hudson; Senior Windows Server SME and Virtualization Consultant for DTCC
Matrix Resources; Consultant Senior Systems Engineer, SME and Migration Advisor
CompuCom; Senior Systems Integration Specialist Microsoft SME
Belo; Director Senior Technical Architect Microsoft SME
JCPenney;Senior Server Engineer
U.S. Air Force; Network and Systems Manager
Bachelor of Science, Information Technology Management,University of Maryland, Europe
Computer and information Science, Network Security,Community College of the Air Force
Advanced Leadership, Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
· AWS: Certified Developer - Associate - License E53RNZG2KE44QFG9
· Microsoft: MCSE - MCSA - MCNPS - MCPS - MCP - License 2270835
· SCRUM ALLIANCE: SCRUM Master - License 000443879
· CompTIA: A+ Certified Professional - License COMP001002470050
· CompTIA: - Network+ Certified - License COMP001002470050P
· BrainBench: Certified Network Technical Support Technician, Certified ITAA Information Security
· IT Management Certification, Information Management, US Air Force Technical Sc